The Donner Special-1 is a compact passive direct box that is perfect for guitar basses and keyboards. It is small enough to fit inside an instrument case.
The compact design begins with a 1/4’ input and thru-put to feed the on-stage amp. This connects to the custom made Donner LAB-S1 transformer which performs the impedance matching and balances the signal.
- Input (1/4' TS): Unbalanced HH-Z input connection for musical instrument.
- Direct output/ Input (1/4' TS}: Connects the instrument to the on-stage amplifierfoutput to loop the signal through to a monitor amplifier.lnput and ouput jacks automatically merge the stereo signal to mono.
- OUTPUT (XLR): Balanced mic-level output. Use a high-quality balanced microphone cable to establish connection.
- GND LIFT(ground lift) switch: Reduce hum and buzz caused by ground loops.
- 1 x Donner Special-1
- 1 x Owner’s Manual
- Frequency response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- THD+N (distortion): 0.003% @ 1 kHz,input level +4 dBu
- INPUT: ¼" TS (unbalanced)
- Level change (Input → Output): -20 dBu
- OUTPUT: Balanced XLR
- Impedance ratio (Input → Output): 110 : 1
- Dimensions(H x W x D): 4.17 x 2.51 x 1.79" / 106 x 64 x 45.5 mm
- Weight: 0.86 lbs /0.39 kg
CUSTOM MADE LAB-S1 TRANSFORMER
Donner LAB-S1 transformer is magical in its ability to handle extreme signal levels with a natural compression that is pleasing to the ears. The transformer also helps eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops by isolating the input from the output. This is augmented with a ground lift switch that lifts pin-1 on the XLR for quiet, professional results.
HIGH SOUND QUALITY & Low Noise
Plug your musical instruments into the Special- I Passive and it will smooth out the peaks and warm up your tone with a vintage vibe. The compact design makes it perfect for traveling between gigs.Send the thru signal to your amp and the output to the PA system. Transformer isolation eliminates nasty hum and buzz caused by ground loops.
HEAVY-DUTY & Robust Circuit Design
Professional and multi-purpose direct injection box for stage and studio applications .Provides impedance and signal matching for the direct connection of instruments to mixers and amplifiers